This Policy covers the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Personal Information Protection Law of the People's Republic of China (PIPL)
- Further notices about specific uses of your personal information and the ability to opt in or out of these particular uses may be provided as we collect personal information from you.
- Our website may have links to other third-party websites. If you click on a link to any of those third-party websites, please understand that each site has its own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies or use of your personal information. Please check these policies before providing personal information to third-party websites.
- What personal information we collect about you
- How we use collected personal information
- How we safeguard your personal information
- Contacting us and your rights to stop marketing and to access and amend your personal information
Information We Collect
- We will collect and process some or all of the following personal information:
- Information you provide us. The personal information you provide us, such as when using the contact form or emailing us, includes your name, email addresses, and other contact information.
- Our communications. If you contact us, we will usually retain a record of that communication.
- Website use. If your visit our website, information is collected through cookies and other tracking technologies including, but not limited to, IP address, domain name, browser version, operating system, location data, and other communication data.
How We Use Personal Information
- Here, we set out the purposes for which we use collected personal information and, in compliance with our obligations under European and Chinese law, identify the specific legal grounds we rely on to process the information.
- Laws allow us to process personal information for specific legal reasons.
- Please note that, in addition to the disclosures identified below, in some instances, we will also share personal information with service providers, sub-contractors, agents, and affiliates who undertake activities on our behalf as described in this notice.
- To communicate with you and carry out our business. To carry out our business operations, including responding to queries, communicating with you, and carrying out our obligations arising from any agreement, including sharing your data with third parties or our legal or other counsel.
- To send you marketing information. For example, to send you updates and offers, where you have chosen to accept them. We can unsubscribe or opt out of any electronic marketing communication sent to you, or you may opt out by contacting us.
- For research and development. For example, to analyze your personal information to understand better your services and marketing requirements and develop our products and services.
- To monitor activities. For example, to oversee interactions and ensure service quality and compliance with procedures.
- To inform about changes. To let you know about changes and updates to our services.
- To ensure our website content remains relevant. For example, ensure that our website is presented in the best way for you, which may include sharing your data with partners, suppliers, and service providers.
To reorganize our business.
- If we negotiate the sale or transfer of our business or part thereof to a third party.
- If we are sold to a third party.
- If we have a reorganization, we may be forced to transfer some or all of your personal information to a relevant third party as part of any due diligence process for the purpose of reviewing any projected sale or reorganization or after the sale or reorganization.
- As required by EU or Chinese regulations. We process your personal information in compliance with regulatory requirements, including sharing your personal information with third parties, regulators, and law enforcement agencies anywhere in the world or where compelled to do so. Where permitted, notify you before responding unless doing so would affect the prevention or detection of illegal activity.
Transmission, Storage, and Safety of Personal InformationInternet Security
- No transmission over the internet or website can be completely secure from intrusion or interception. However, we maintain reasonable physical, electronic, and other safeguards to safeguard personal information under data protection requirements.
- All information we hold is stored on secure servers that are likely outside China and accessed and used per our security policies. Before transferring personal information outside of China, we will respect the laws and regulations of China on cross-border transfer of personal information and require overseas recipients to protect personal information at levels not less than those required by applicable laws and regulations of China.
- Personal information will be accessed by employees or suppliers in, transferred to, or stored at, locations other than the country in which you live, whose data protection laws may be of a lesser standard than in your own country.
- Where personal information is transferred from the EEA to outside, we take specific measures to protect personal information. Several countries have been approved by the European Commission (EC) as having fundamentally similar protections to the EEA, and no additional safeguards are required to transfer and hold personal information in these places. In countries that are not approved, we establish legal grounds justifying such transfer on legal grounds permitted by applicable legal requirements.
- We keep personal information for as long as is necessary for the processing purposes for which it was collected and any other connected. We base retention periods on business needs, and all information no longer needed is deleted or destroyed.
Transfer Outside the EEA for EU Residents
Rights and Contacts
- You have the right to ask us not to use personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your rights at any time by unsubscribing from any marketing email sent to you or by contacting us.
- We endeavor to ensure personal information is maintained accurately, and to assist us in this goal, please notify us of any changes in your personal information.
If you have any questions about our use of personal information, please get in touch with us. Under certain conditions, you can:
- ask us to furnish you with details about how we use your information,
- ask us to supply you with copies of the information you provided us,
- ask us to correct inaccuracies in the personal information we hold,
- ask us to delete or destroy information that we no longer have lawful reasons to use,
- object to any use legitimate use unless our reasons for use prevail over any prejudice to your rights;
- refuse direct marketing;
- ask us to transfer your personal information to your designated handler when the legal circumstances for such transfer are met;
- ask us to explain decisions that impact your rights and interests and are made by automated decision-making technologies, and to object to decisions made only by automated decision-making technologies.
- Exercising your rights is subject to exemptions designed to safeguard the public interest and our interests. We will confirm your entitlement before responding if you exercise these rights.
- If you are not happy with our use of personal information, you have the right to contact the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction.
Changes to the Privacy and Cookies Policies